Hola, I am Alicia Maher, born and raised in El Salvador, I call Los Angeles my home since 1986. I am the author and publisher of Delicious El Salvador: 75 Authentic Recipes for Traditional Salvadoran Cooking. In 2014, in Beijing, I won the Gourmand Award for Best First Cookbook in the World, the first time El Salvador’s traditional food has won the equivalent of a gold medal. These recipes have been passed down in my family from generation to generation.
Pre-order your copy of Delicious El Salvador 2nd edition, here and I will sign it, upon request. Free shipping with the Continental U.S. Release date 11-15- 2017! Also available for pre-order on amazon.
I wrote Delicious El Salvador in an effort to preserve and and rescue the authentic Salvadoran cultural food heritage, and legacy for my children, future generations, and food lovers everywhere.
Delicious El Salvador has authentic Salvadoran recipes for Pupusas, Salvadoran Quesadilla, Panes con Pavo (sandwiches Salvadoran style), Soups, Seafood, Custard, and many more authentic recipes from El Salvador like:
• Salvadoran Tortillas and Empanadas • Shrimp Cocktail with Pink Sauce •
• Chicken with Pumpkin Seed Sauce • Chorizo and Egg Soup • Steak & Onions •
• Red Beans and Pupusa fillings • Chicken with Pumpkin Seed Sauce •
• Salvadoran Salsas • Summer Squash in Cream Sauce • Salvadoran Roasted Turkey in Salsa in Salsa Criolla • Sweet Iced Pineapple • Atol de Piña • Fresco de Chan • Marquesote •
• Mango in Almibar and Cinnamon • Torrejas in Sugar and Cinnamon Syrup